Subject: Problems with LW4.0 Rev.B.
From: Tan Tuan Hiang Cheryl A <[email-masked]>
To: Lightwave <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 1995 17:59:33 +0800 (SST)

Hi again everyone,  

	Re-reading my old mail I found out that Rev.B. is supposed to be 
the newer release from Newtek.  Well I think there still might be some 
problems with it.

	I have some 256 colour iff's and also a few 8bit ones that load 
perfectly Ok into the Pre-Release but in the Final version each image is 
loaded as a 24bit file and takes up 1.97 megs of ram.  I don't quite 
think that this is working properly :)

	The other problem I encountered was in modeller final.  2 
polygons were occupying the same space but with different point and as 
usual you get the error message saying that faces don't share points. 
That's OK, except that after you press OK, it goes ahead and deletes one 
of the polygons without letting you go into Polygon info and De-select 
one.  Is this a bug or a feature?

	Back to the image map problem, when LW is loading these images it 
seems to take about 2 or 3 times as long.

	Anyway enough rambling, I'm just happy to get my final :)

Hope someone can shed some light on these for me....

Thanks
David Shaw
Senior Animator,
ID IMAGING, Singapore.

--
Tan Tuan Hiang Cheryl A <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]